Sunday, October 11, 2009

Come back from injury

For the first time in my dodgeball career... which is actually a long time when it comes to most people's college sports career I am coming back from an injury...

What's the injury you ask? Well, a broken right pinky finger. I know what you're going to say... toughen up Murph. And, you may have a point that I just need to suck it up. But, let me put this by you. Imagine gorilla gripping a ball with four fingers, with the pinky finger hurting if you bend it at all. I buddy-taped it up, which unfortunately forces it to bend when I gorilla grip.

This means catching is almost out the window... Though at my first practice back last week I did make one catch. I guess one of the newbs thought I was a newb and threw a ball about 25 mph at me without anyone throwing with them. Don't worry he'll learn.

So, how is this going to effect my game? The weeks coming up will tell... But, for now I am just going to ice the crap out of it and pray that I don't take another shot to the pinky.

Oh and if you're wondering how I broke it... Playing the outfield in softball... In my defense I did catch the ball...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home